E3 2018 Hype!!!

This was a great year all in all. I can hardly even remember all the things I want to buy from it.

Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks like exactly the kind of Fire Emblem game that I was hoping for. Super interested to hear more.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a dream I didn’t know I had. I can’t wait to see the competitive scene for this game and I can’t wait to play with Wolf and Snake again.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. Any game from FROM is going to make me interested. I really liked the look of it, seems much more actiony than the souls games.

Ghost of Tsushima. This game is mad pretty, I could spend hours just looking at the wind blowing the fields of rice and grain and the combat seems pretty solid too.

The Last of Us 2. As much as I’ve been wary about this game, it does look really good. I just really hope that they do justice with giving Ellie more characterization since I think she had a really great arc in the first game that didn’t need much more.

The Elder Scrolls 6: I could not stop the smile from coming to my face when I just saw the name. I can’t tell quite where it takes place though. I wish it were Hammerfell but I think any coastal areas of Hammerfell are all sandy/deserty so I don’t think it’s there. Either way I really want to see how they updated the combat.

Cuphead Delicious Last Course. The cheeky name for it aside, I just loved Cuphead and I’m super happy to see that the company has done well enough to make DLC. I know that game had a real tough time coming out and that the brothers behind it gave their hearts to make it and it just makes me happy to see it succeed.

Skull and Bones: I really liked the ship combat in Assassin’s Creed 3 and in Pillars of Eternity 2:Deadfire. There’s a weird lack of pirate/seafaring games and this one just looks like a lot of fun and well thought out.

Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. I haven’t bought an Assassin’s Creed since AC3 but this one looks like it’ll make me buy it. I’m a sucker for Greek/Roman settings and mythology and that Minotaur made me super excited. I want to fight it.

Destiny 2: Forsaken. Despite all the issues the series has had, I really do enjoy Destiny as a whole. I want to have a reason to play it again and Forsaken looks like it’ll be that. A lot of fans are angry at Uldren for killing Cayde-6 in the trailer but I’m actually really excited to see that. I’ve been wanting a darker story in Destiny again but nothing in Destiny 2 has really been that for me. I hope it delivers on everything it’s promising.

Death Stranding: Kojima has a mind that would confuse a telepath but that’s exactly why I’m excited for this game. I don’t know what it’ll be about, I don’t know some of the faces they’ve shown and I have no idea about really anything, but I trust Kojima to deliver an experience like no other.

Resident Evil 2 Remake: This is everything I wanted when I heard the rumors/leaks. This game is so good looking and genuinely terrifying. I can’t wait to see people play this game and play it myself.

Kingdom Hearts 3: I’m very excited to see that Aqua’s time in the realm of darkness or whatever the actual term is has made her eyes change. The game looks super fun and that’s all I’m expecting from the game. The Xehanort saga shall finally end and I’m curious to see the epic conclusion to this long awaited sequel.

For Honor: Marching Fire: I always loved this game but it didn’t get much in terms of QoL updates early on in its life and the lack of dedicated servers really hurt any experience outside of 1v1 mode which was too focused on defense. But I really like the way the new faction looks and I love the idea of a Castle Siege. Hopefully this’ll be able to bring me in again and have a ton of fun.

There’s a couple more I’m looking forward to but these ones are all my favorites for sure.

2 Likes