Episode 6: Fandom Attachments

Originally published at: https://blueboxcounseling.com/podcast/6-fandom-attachments

Join Justine and Larisa as they explore the basis for some of the most important relationships in our lives: our relationships with fandom characters.

#Destiel4Ever

Loved this episode and the academic aspects of it. I’ve been a fan of Starship Therapise for some time and Im so happy to see it become part of the GT fam.

It reminds me of my first time in a Geek convention. I was with my fiancee and we were a bit iffy about the idea of cosplay. It wasn’t until we got there that we understood what it meant to unashamedly be in a space that accepts you for who you are and what you love. We were completely taken aback and amazed, I remember us brainstorming what we would do for our next Comicon. In this time where online interaction is so present its even better. There is always a space where you can belong when you have a variety of stories to relate to and places to speak about them.

2 Likes

I’m so glad that you enjoyed the episode! Thanks for keeping up with our adventures and we’re happy to be here as well!