New Beginnings: A New (and Improved?) Therapeutic Code

Originally published at: New Beginnings: A New (and Improved?) Therapeutic Code - Therapeutic Code

Wow! Has it really been 5 years since I’ve made a post? If anyone is still out there following, I apologize. I feel like my blog is a zombie, rising from the dead. I blame the usual suspects (being busy, work, life, etc.), but I’ll be honest…I just dropped off the face of the Earth for a while. Now it’s time for something new!

Me, trying to blog after 5 years.

Since my last post, which was forever ago, I’ve graduated from my Master’s program, gotten married, and received my Marriage and Family Therapy license. I’ve been at the same mental health agency for 10 years(!), and I’m starting a new job at a new agency in the near future. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to reflect and start something new…again.

While I’ve enjoyed podcasting with my partner in crime, Josué, writing is my passion. It’s much easier for me to put my thoughts together in writing than speaking them out loud. I suppose that’s the introvert in me. I’d love for some of my posts to be a place for me to process things we’ve discussed on GT Radio or The Happiest Pod on Earth in a deeper way. Other times I may have experiences in my work as a therapist that I’d like to discuss. I’d also like to look at how I relate to the media I consume. Really, the sky’s the limit!

For anyone new to my blog (which I’m sure most of you are), I hope you enjoy going through my old posts. Most of them are still totally relevant! Please forgive the broken links and missing images. Clearing off 5 years of dust can mean a few things get jumbled.

Enjoy and I hope you continue to join me on this new adventure! Look for something new from me soon.