Title: Secret Origins: Green Lantern “Freedom From Fear”
Series Identifier: Found in Secret Origins #3 and Secret Origins vol 1
- Finding Oneself/Identity Development
- Making Others Worry
- Hal Jordan becomes a pilot to face the fear and sadness he feels about watching his father die in a plane crash.
- Throughout the story, the comic asks “What would you do?”
- Hal is reckless in flying, and is kicked out of the military for it. Possible conversation starter.
- Hal witnesses another crash which gives him his powers, and he is able to see that he had one crash take things away, and another gave him a new beginning.
- [Share a real experience about using this content or how it helped you or someone you know.]
Link to Content: http://www.dccomics.com/comics/secret-origins-2014/secret-origins-3