Title: Star Wars: Princess Leia
Series Identifier: Graphic Novel by Mark Waid
- Finding Oneself/Identity Development
- Problem Solving
- Standing up for others
- Strong female role models
- Standing up for oneself
- Making Others Worry
- Leia struggles with finding her place in the world after the destruction of her home (Alderaan), and her workplace (the senate).
- Leia feels lost when she tries to be useful and is told “The best thing you can do for the Alliance is simply to grieve.”
- Shows examples of several reactions to grief. Luke tells her “I wish you could just lean on…anyone.”
- Others don’t understand Leia’s seemingly cold reactions to her family’s death, and judge her.
- Leia stands up for herself “The last royal of Alderaan must be too strong to cower. Too certain to despair. And more than that, she must be too stubborn to quit if her subjects and her culture are to survive.”
- Shows an example of forgiveness and giving others the chance to redeem themselves: Pareece originally plots against Leia, but then changes sides and saves her. She tells Leia she doesn’t deserve to live, but Leia says “Of course you do. You just saved me.”
- [Share a real experience about using this content or how it helped you or someone you know.]
Link to Content: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Princess_Leia