Series Identifier: n/a
- Cultural representation
- Making new friends
- Making Others Worry
- Health (Physical)
- Cat and Maya have to move to a new town with a whole new culture and climate.
- Cat’s experience surrounding being the “invisible sibling” who has to give up her wants/needs for her sick sister is a good talking point surrounding being the “good”, “easy”, or “healthy” sibling.
- The ghosts take Maya’s breath, when breath is so precious to her due to her cystic fibrosis.
- Cat’s guilt about letting Maya overexert herself, which makes her more sick is a good talking point about guilt.
- Cat lying about having a little sister so that she has something of her own and she doesn’t have to worry about how her friends see her is a good talking point for social pressures or expectations.
- Maya’s conversation with Jose about her worries about what will happen to Cat when she dies is a good talking point for kids who are either ill, or worried about death.
- Maya and Cat connect with their heritage and learn about their family history.
- [Share a real experience about using this content or how it helped you or someone you know.]