Title: Life is Strange - Out of Time
Series Identifier: Episode 2
Format: Video Game
- Difficult emotions
- Feeling alone
- Finding Oneself/Identity Development
- LGBT Issues
- Making new friends
- Mental Health Services
- Moral dilemma
- Power struggle
- Problem Solving
- Standing up for others
- Strong female role models
- Standing up for oneself
- Sacrifice for others
- Taking responsibility for one’s actions
- Working with others
- Blended Family
- Coming of age/Getting older
- Coming Out
- Loss (other than death)
- Making Others Worry
- The game’s focus on consequences of player choice really puts the player in Max’s shoes.
- Chloe’s actions are constantly influenced by the loss of her father, the disappearance of her friend, and Max’s lack of contact after moving away. She feels lost and alone, and has difficulties trusting anyone.
- Max struggles to make new friends and fit in at her school, while rebuilding her friendship with Chloe.
- Max’s decisions often deal with trying to figure out what the right thing to do is.
- Many students have to deal with being bullied by the cool kids. Kate has to deal with being the victim of being drugged and cyberbullying.
- Part of this episode is trying to talk a friend out of suicide. You literally have to talk them down. The scene is very intense.
- Life is Strange has a warning that if you are affected by any of the content of the game, you should talk to someone. They offer a link to resources.
- [Share a real experience about using this content or how it helped you or someone you know.]
Link to Content: http://dontnodentertainment.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_2:_Out_of_Time